When quarterback Carson Wentz tore his ACL on Dec. 10, many believed the Eagles’ season was completed.
Regardless of being 11-2 following a 43-35 win over the Rams in Week 14, the Eagles had been written off with Nick Foles, 29, at quarterback.
Foles threw 4 landing passes per week later in a 34-29 win over the Giants however struggled over the ultimate two weeks of the common season — main many to doubt Philadelphia’s probabilities within the playoffs.
Of their playoff opener, the 13-Three Eagles had been the first-ever No. 1 seed to be a house underdog. Foles didn’t flip the ball over in opposition to the Falcons, and the Eagles superior with a 15-10 victory. They had been then residence underdogs to the Vikings within the NFC championship recreation, however Foles was very good with 352 passing yards and three touchdowns in a 38-7 romp.
Because the Eagles put together to face the defending champion Patriots in Tremendous Bowl 52, Foles and his staff as soon as once more are underdogs.
9 stuff you may not have recognized concerning the Eagles’ No. 9
1. Foles is the Eagles’ all-time chief in passer score. He has a 92.7 score over his 4 seasons with the Eagles, who listing him because the franchise’s all-time main passer (minimal 500 cross makes an attempt — Foles has 994 with the Eagles). Proper behind Foles is Wentz, with a score of 88.eight and 1,047 passes.
2. Foles is the all-time main passer on the College of Arizona. A 3-year starter at Arizona, he threw for 10,zero11 yards and 67 touchdowns with 33 interceptions. His passing yardage complete is 800 greater than the second-place quarterback — Willie Tuitama (9,211).
Three. Foles started his school profession at Michigan State. He performed in a single recreation for the Spartans in 2007, his freshman 12 months, going 5 of eight for 57 yards in a 55-18 win over UAB. Foles was a backup at Michigan State to present Patriots backup Brian Hoyer.
four. Foles went to the identical highschool as Drew Brees. Not solely did he attend the identical highschool as the present Saints quarterback, however Foles additionally broke Brees’ passing data at Westlake Excessive Faculty in Austin, Texas. Foles threw for five,658 yards and 56 touchdowns, surpassing Brees’ marks of 5,461 yards and 50 TDs.
5. Foles was a standout basketball participant. He was a three-year starter at Westlake and staff MVP twice. He averaged 15 factors and 11 rebounds in 2005-06 whereas incomes all-district honors and led the district in rebounding as a sophomore.
6. Foles’ dad and mom hit it large earlier than he did. Larry and Melissa Foles — who based the Austin-based Z’Tejas Southwestern Grill chain in 1989, the 12 months Nick was born — offered their Eddie V’s restaurant chain for $59 million in 2011, the 12 months earlier than Nick was drafted.
7. Foles was the seventh quarterback chosen within the 2012 NFL Draft. The Eagles drafted him with the 88th general decide. The six quarterbacks chosen forward of Foles had been Andrew Luck (first general), Robert Griffin III (second), Ryan Tannehill (eighth), Brandon Weeden (22nd), Brock Osweiler (57th), and Russell Wilson (75th).
eight. Foles is extra environment friendly than you assume. He has thrown for 9,752 yards and 61 touchdowns with 29 interceptions and has been intercepted a number of instances in simply six of his 52 profession video games, together with the playoffs (11.5 %). Compared, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has thrown a number of interceptions in 45 of his 289 profession video games together with playoffs (15.5 %). When Foles threw 27 touchdowns to only two interceptions in 2013, he turned the primary Eagles quarterback to steer the NFL in passer score (119.2) since Tommy Thompson in 1949.
9. Foles is considered one of eight quarterbacks to throw seven TDs in a recreation. He threw for 406 yards and 7 scores in a 49-20 win over the Raiders on Nov. Three, 2013. The opposite quarterbacks to perform feat: Sid Luckman (1943), Adrian Burk (1954), George Blanda (1961), Y.A. Tittle (1962), Joe Kapp (1969), Peyton Manning (2013) and Brees (2015). No one has ever thrown eight TDs in a single NFL recreation.