That’s all there is to it! The 2021 Met Gala came and went in the blink of an eye, despite being postponed due to the coronavirus epidemic.
On Monday, September 13, celebrities came to the Metropolitan Museum of Art dressed to the nines in their designer finest.
The subject for this year’s event was “In America: A Lexicon of Fashion,” and red carpet fashion trends ranged from classic to bold.
Jennifer Lopez made a statement in a seductive Western-inspired gown, while Billie Eilish went for a timeless look with retro flair à la Marilyn Monroe.
That’s just two of the more than 100 celebrities who walked the red carpet, wearing Oscar de la Renta, Ralph Lauren, and Christopher John Rodgers, among others. However, certain celebrities’ outfits stood out from the crowd, earning them a position on Us Weekly’s best dressed list. Those who were chosen? Kaia Gerber, Amanda Gorman, Yara Shahidi, Iman, and Billie Eilish are among the stars of the show.
Watch the video above to witness all of these looks, and scroll down to see a breakdown of each celebrity’s stunning costume.
5) Gerber channeled Bianca Jagger on the red carpet in a black Oscar de la Renta gown. Her dress was inspired by the design the actress wore to the Met Gala 40 years prior.
4) Gorman donned a blue Vera Wang gown featuring more than 3,000 hand-stitched crystals. She complemented the design with a laurel wreath crown to embody a “reimagined Statue of Liberty.”
3) Shahidi looked positively regal in a strapless, intricately beaded Christian Dior gown paired with a diamond necklace and veiled headpiece to match the elegant silhouette.
2) Iman turned heads at the Met Gala in a fabulously over-the-top look comprising a gilded gold gown teamed with an elaborate headpiece brought to life by Harris Reed.
1) Eilish stole the show in an Oscar de la Renta ball gown with a massively long train that required a group of people to transport.