The first main boxing occasion of 2019 takes place on Jan. 19 when Manny Pacquiao defends his WBA (common) welterweight towards Adrien Broner from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
Pacquiao, (60-7-2, 39 KOs) boxing’s solely eight-division world champion, notched his first stoppage win over 8 1/2 years in his final trip in July when he defeated Lucas Matthysse within the seventh spherical to seize the WBA belt. It had been rumored that Pacquiao could be assembly Floyd Mayweather as soon as once more after a social media publish of the 2 legends in Tokyo went viral final in September. Instead, Mayweather took an exhibition bout towards Tenshin Nasukawa on New Year’s Eve and has vowed to stay retired, so Pacquiao shifted his focus to Broner.
After profitable three consecutive fights, the final two fights for Broner (33-3-1, one no contest, 24 KOs) have been shaky. The former four-division world champion received decimated by Mikey Garcia, dropping a lopsided resolution in July 2017. He adopted that up with a draw towards Jessie Vargas in April. Vargas gained the primary half of the struggle with Broner making a robust run within the second half. Pundits had been break up on who really gained. Negotiations for a rematch went nowhere as Vargas went on to signal a deal to struggle on DAZN.
Join DAZN and watch greater than 100 struggle nights a 12 months
Can Pacquiao proceed the momentum from the Matthysse struggle and make yet one more wonderful run to his already historic profession or does Broner lastly come by and win the largest struggle of his profession?
(All instances Eastern.)
When is the Pacquiao vs. Broner struggle?
Manny Pacquiao vs. Adrien Broner commences on Saturday, Jan. 19. The primary card begins at 9 p.m. Pacquiao and Broner are anticipated to make the stroll to the ring for the primary occasion at round 11:30 p.m.
How do I watch Pacquiao vs. Broner?
The Pacquiao vs. Broner is out there on Showtime pay-per-view for $74.99.
Where is the Pacquiao vs. Broner struggle?
Manny Pacquiao and Adrien Broner will struggle on the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. It is the primary time Pacquiao has fought within the United States since a November 2016 victory of Vargas and the primary time on the MGM since his April 2016 win over Timothy Bradley.
Pacquiao vs. Broner betting odds
According to ProfessionalBoxingOdds.com, Manny Pacquiao is a -303 favourite, which implies you will want to guess $303 to win $100. Meanwhile, Broner is a +246 underdog, which means should you guess $100, you would win $246.
Manny Pacquiao file and bio
Name: Manny Pacquiao
Born: December 17, 1978
Height: 5-5 ½
Total fights: 69
Record: 60-7-2 with 39 knockouts.
Adrien Broner file and bio
Name: Adrien Broner
Born: July 29, 1989
Height: 5-6 ½
Reach: 69 ½”
Total fights: 38
Record: 33-3-1, one no contest with 24 knockouts.
Pacquiao vs. Broner struggle card
|Manny Pacquiao vs. Adrien Broner||Welterweight||WBA (Regular)|
|Badou Jack vs. Marcus Browne||Light Heavyweight||WBA (Interim)|
|Nordine Oubaali vs. Rau’shee Warren||Bantamweight||WBC (Vacant)|
|Jhack Tepora vs. Hugo Ruiz||Featherweight||WBA (Interim)|
Pacquiao vs. Broner newest information
– Who is the hardest opponent of Adrien Broner’s profession? The former four-division world champion tells Sporting News why it is him.
– Feel like making some cash on the large struggle? Here are the newest odds, who SN picks to win and what prop bets you need to take into account.
– Quite a bit is on the road for Manny Pacquiao and Adrien Broner. SN breaks down what’s at stake for each guys.
– Why did Broner go off the rails on Showtime Boxing analyst Al Bernstein? Here’s why.
– Who wins between Pacquiao and Broner? SN talks to individuals contained in the boxing trade and they offers their decide.
– Manny Pacquiao has been in boxing for a very long time. He takes a glance again on his legendary profession.
– Who is Marcus Browne? The man who fights for the WBA interim gentle heavyweight offers SN a sneak peak at how he is gotten to this level.