Interoperability is likely one of the most necessary and most vexing points going through health IT at present. And as soon as once more HIMSS is addressing it at its Global Conference and Exhibition with the HIMSS19 Interoperability Showcase specialty pavilion.
The showcase is designed to get on the coronary heart of what the true worth of interoperability actually is, mentioned Christel Anderson, senior director, interoperability initiatives, at HIMSS.
“The Interoperability Showcase will uncover an entire health ecosystem where standards-based health technology enables individuals to securely access, contribute to and analyze their own health data,” mentioned Anderson, and can provide attendees the possibility to “discover the value that an interoperable health ecosystem can have on all us” and “engage in technical demonstrations, cutting-edge education and unique networking events.”
A large-ranging pavilion
This 12 months the showcase will characteristic 82 organizations demonstrating 121 health IT methods throughout 16 completely different use-cases. Premier sponsors embody Allscripts, BD, Dell Boomi, Cerner, CDC, The Da Vinci Project, Epic, ICU Medical and the VA. Each will display the worth of interoperability. The showcase’s use circumstances and academic classes will sort out the worth and evolution of health information.
Questions the Interoperability Showcase will discover embody:
- How can the healthcare information that helps all sufferers evolve and alter the conversations round analysis? Around social determinants of health? Around the progress made on the street to interoperability?
- How can this information drive interoperable advances in know-how akin to AI and telehealth?
- And how can interoperability efforts by way of teams like IHE and HL7 present the wanted infrastructure?
On the HL7 and IHE entrance, Amit Trivedi and Wayne Kubrick will current “Interoperability Moonshot: Project Gemini” (Tuesday, February 12, at 2:30 p.m.). In this academic session, they may share how the “standards twins” of HL7 and IHE are working collectively to advance interoperability.
Showcase programming kicks off this 12 months with “Artificial Intelligence – A Solution for Interoperability?” (Tuesday, February 12, at 10:30 a.m.) wherein Dr. Anthony Chang of CHOC Children’s will discover how AI presents a possible resolution, however not with out its personal set of distinctive challenges.
“The Veterans Administration will be debuting a new area at the Interoperability Showcase that will bridge interoperability and innovation together, and we mean that physically, too, as the two areas are connected this year,” Anderson mentioned. “The VA will be sharing the latest in connected care and providing information on its journey with telehealth, FHIR, Blue Button, open source APIs and much more.”
A customized health satellite tv for pc
Each 12 months at HIMSS19, the Interoperability Showcase – historically the most-visited space of the entire convention – has expanded its footprint. At HIMSS19, the showcase will debut a brand new demonstration space exterior the 4 partitions of the showcase.
The new HIMSS Interoperability Showcase Satellite can be situated throughout the Personalized Health Experience Pavilion. Attendees will expertise a related, interactive demonstration targeted on participating sufferers in their very own healthcare journey.
“The Interoperability Showcase will uncover an entire health ecosystem where standards-based health technology enables individuals to securely access, contribute to and analyze their own health data.”
The showcase additionally will debut a “Women in Interoperability” panel on with Christina Caraballo, Didi Davis and Judy Murphy, RN, and moderated by Anderson (Thursday, February 14, at 1:30 p.m.). Anderson mentioned attendees will meet with HIMSS Most Influential Women in Health IT award winners and interoperability trailblazers to debate the technical facet of the healthcare infrastructure equation and the way interoperability initiatives will profit from a extra diversified workforce.
“From first-timers to experienced attendees, the Interoperability Showcase explores a wide range of initiatives, products and technologies used by individuals, providers, payers, employers and researchers to improve individual care and population health,” mentioned Anderson. “We hope that each of our attendees walk away from the showcase with our ‘Top 5.'”
The “Top 5” seek advice from takeaways that present how attendees will be energized by how interoperability initiatives, interoperable applied sciences and interoperability content material can:
- Create the seamless potential to securely entry and use information from completely different sources utilizing standards-based infrastructures.
- Portray longitudinal photos of health, not simply episodes of care.
- Enable public health companies and researchers to quickly study, develop, check and deploy the most effective in scientific, evidence-based pointers and successfully make the most of secondary use of knowledge.
- Enable analytics to combine diagnostic, health historical past and social determinants information with genomic and environmental information.
- Provide a runway for innovation to make the most effective use of synthetic intelligence and machine studying.
Email the author: firstname.lastname@example.org