Girl fighting for her life after drinking pool water

Girl fighting for her life after drinking pool water

A Florida lady is combating for her life days after she swallowed pool water in an incident her mom has described as a “freak accident.”

Elianna Grace, a Four-year-old from Sarasota, is now receiving oxygen remedy at Sarasota Memorial Hospital after ingesting pool water on April 14, in response to a Fb put up by her mom, Lacey Grace.

Grace stated Elianna was enjoying round with a pool noodle in her grandmother’s pool, and as “many kids do daily, she was blowing in a single finish and blowing water out the opposite,” when one other swimmer occurred to blow water into the pool noodle on the similar time she was blowing out.

This prompted the pool water “to shoot straight down [Elianna’s] throat,” her mom wrote. The Four-year-old shortly threw up, however didn’t present any odd signs — till two days later, when she developed a fever.

Initially, the mom stated she didn’t suppose a lot of it. “Youngsters get fevers, that is regular,” Grace said. However days later she took her youngster to an pressing care, the place a health care provider informed her to get Elianna to an emergency room instantly.

The younger lady was recognized with “aspiration pneumonia and is now on oxygen and counting on it to breathe,” in response to her mom.

The household is hoping that the antibiotic Elianna has taken will kick in in order that “her lungs can discover a option to do away with the pool chemical substances.”

Lacey Grace is urging different dad and mom to “instantly get assist” if their kids swallow pool water. In accordance with a GoFundMe web page the mom created, Elianna has since been launched from the hospital and is being handled at dwelling.