Denver metropolis officers wished to carry “HQ2,” the proposed second headquarters for Amazon, to a number of fast-growing neighborhoods round Denver.
They failed, after all, as Amazon is as a substitute splitting its new workplaces between the New York Metropolis and Washington, D.C., areas. However the metropolis’s alternatives present the place leaders see alternatives for brand spanking new growth.
The town of Denver proposed websites within the following areas, in accordance with a September 2017 map launched by metropolis officers final week:
- The northeast aspect of the River North district. The positioning was close to the 38th and Blake transit station, the place builders and metropolis officers have grand plans.
- The Central Enterprise District and Central Platte Valley. This web site gave the impression to be close to the Platte River and the present Elitch Gardens web site. It isn’t clear whether or not the possibly enormous River Mile growth was concerned. A consultant didn’t instantly reply to a request for remark.
- Interstate 25 and Broadway, a quickly redeveloping space close to a rail station.
- Peña Station, a transit-oriented growth space close to Denver Worldwide Airport the place Panasonic is engaged on a “good metropolis” idea.
- A transit-oriented growth space close to Stapleton, which seems to be across the Central Park Boulevard station.
Denver didn’t pitch Amazon alone. It joined in a regional effort with the personal Metro Denver Financial Improvement Corp. The EDC pitched a complete of 30 websites to Amazon, with a give attention to eight, however has not disclosed their places.
Denver officers declined to present the precise addresses of their proposals, citing the confidentiality of sure industrial knowledge beneath the Colorado Open Data Act.
“The areas highlighted have been indicative of the number of decisions out there in our neighborhood, together with each current actual property and deliberate growth starting from a downtown setting, progressive city life-style/innovation areas and know-how employment facilities to new city expertise areas,” wrote Derek Woodbury, spokesperson for town’s Workplace of Financial Improvement, in an e mail.
“All areas supply wonderful entry to a number of modes of transportation, the metropolitan space’s workforce, and the tech and innovation neighborhood.”
The town by no means mentioned particular incentive values for Amazon, in accordance with financial growth chief Eric Hiraga. As an alternative, he stated, officers offered a regular “menu” of various kinds of incentives to debate with Amazon.
The town offered particulars of the websites in response to information requests by The Denver Publish and different media organizations.